Lynn Hamilton, M.A. is a nationally recognized college and secondary school consultant. For more than 35 years she has been dedicated to understanding and helping students find the right fit for their academic and future success.
Lynn has worked with more than 2500 students in preparing for, and achieving, school and college placement as well as gap year planning and learning differences assessment. Lynn travels extensively throughout the US and abroad to gain in-depth firsthand knowledge of colleges, universities, secondary schools and therapeutic programs. She works closely with students and families throughout the selection and admissions process, and stays in touch to follow and support the student’s college experience, and continued ventures and careers.
Lynn Hamilton is the only counselor in the Santa Barbara area who is a Certified Educational Planner (CEP), as well as the only counselor who is a member of all of these organizations:
- Independent Educational Consultants Association (IECA), Former Member of the Board and Ethics Committee
- Western Association of College Admission Counselors (WACAC)
- National Association of College Admissions Counselors (NACAC)
- National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs (NATSAP) and Lifetime Credential as California Community College Special Education Instructor
- Secondary School Admissions Test (SSAT) and is the only qualified Flex-Test administrator on the Central Coast
- Gap Year Association (GYA)
- Founding Member of the IECA Foundation, dedicated to identifying and supporting programs that have significant impact on students and their educational environments